2017 Novice World Show Info
2017 NOVICE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW
1. In order for a novice (Youth or Amateur) to qualify for the world championship show, he/she must be a member of LQHA by January 31st of the qualifying year and a current AQHA member.
2. LQHA and AQHA points will be counted from January 1st of the qualifying year.
3. Have a minimum of five (5) LQHA points in the class he/she is intending on showing.
4. Three (3) youth/amateurs with the most AQHA points who meet the requirements, who have not nationally qualified will be selected to attend the Novice World.
5. Three (3) youths/amateurs with the most LQHA points who meet the requirements, who do not have the most AQHA points will be selected to attend the Novice World.
6. In case there are not three (3) youth/amateurs with the most AQHA points who meet the required requirements, then three (3) youth/amateur with the most LQHA points will be selected to attend Novice World.
7. In case there are not three (3) youth/amateurs with the most LQHA points who meet the required requirements, then three (3) youth/amateur with the most AQHA points will be selected to attend Novice World.
8. Should there be a tie in AQHA and LQHA points, the youth/amateur with the most AQHA highest placing will be selected to attend Novice World.
2017 AQHA CLASSES FOR THE NOVICE WORLD
Level 1 Amateur and Level 1 Youth competitors may qualify for the Level 1 championships in the following classes:
Halter geldings and mares: yearling, 2-year-old, 3-year-old, aged
Performance halter geldings and mares (the horse must be performance halter eligible)
- Hunt Seat Equitation
- Working Hunter
- Equitation Over Fences
- Hunter Hack
- Western Pleasure
- Hunter Under Saddle
- Western Riding
- Barrel Racing
- Pole Bending
- Stake Race
- Ranch Riding
The Central Level 1 Championship will include the above listed classes as well as Level 1 cattle classes. The Level 1 Amateur and Level 1 Youth competitors do not have to qualify to participate in the cattle classes. As long as the exhibitor is Level 1 eligible in the cattle class they are entering, their entry will be accepted.
- Working Cow Horse
- Working Cow Horse Boxing
- Tie-Down Roping
- Breakaway Roping
- Team Roping-Heeling & Heading