Southern Exposure Halter Futurity

Mission Statement

To provide venue for the promotion of the structurally correct conformation horse and opportunities for stallion owners and breeders to market their services for the purpose of stimulating interest in and competitive opportunities for enthusiasts of the conformation horse, while protecting the integrity of the horse through responsible stewardship and constantly pursuing growth within our industry.

The Southern Exposure Halter Futurity is hosted by Louisiana Quarter Horse Association (LQHA) and Co-host World Conformation Horse Association (WCHA) in Monroe, La for 2020. This event will be open to all breed weanlings and yearlings. The Southern Exposure Halter Futurity will solicit individual sponsorship donations of minimum $500.00 each to be applied as added money to the purses along with Corporate Sponsorships. These added monies will be prorated and distributed based on the number of entries in each class at 75% of sponsorship, remaining 25% will go to class awards for the event and expenses . Sponsorships will be promoted on LQHA.com website, LQHA Facebook Page and have banner (supplied by sponsor) displayed during entire event along with announcement throughout the event.

Trophies and donated prizes will be awarded to the owner/exhibitor at The LQHA Southern Exposure Halter Futurity at the time of the show. All LQHA rules and regulations will be followed at this event.

All exhibitors must be current members of LQHA and WCHA in good standing. Due to timing of event if exhibitor has not shown at a LQHA or WCHA event during current year, membership will carry over into new year.

  • Non-Pro Weanling Mares
  • Non-Pro Weaning Stallions/Geldings
  • Non-Pro Yearling Stallions
  • Non-Pro Yearling Mares
  • Non-Pro Yearling Geldings

* 2020 Weanling & Yearling classes are money classes. The Individual/Corporate sponsorship added monies will be prorated and distributed based on the number of entries in each class to the purse of Non-Pro Weanling Mares, Non-Pro Weanling Stallions/Geldings, Non-Pro Yearling Stallion, Non-Pro Yearling Mares, Non-Pro Yearling Geldings @ 75% of total sponsorship. The remaining 25% to be used for awards. 

  • 75% of entry fees are paid back.
  • LQHA retains 25% of entry fees to cover awards and expenses of hosting the event.
  • LQHA Current Membership Required
  • WCHA Current Membership Required
  • First place receives belt buckle or Trophy (TBD)

Futurity Rules

Foal Nomination:

  • For 2020 foals and yearlings will be nominated to the futurity by June 1, 2020 at a fee of $100.00 (Nomination Fee is added 100% to purse of individual class).
  • Nomination Fees to increase by $25.00 each proceeding month till 6:00pm the day before the event.

Entry Fees Non-Pro Amateur Class Entry Fee (Postmarked Oct 15) $200.00 = Non-Pro Amateur Class Entry Fee (Postmarked Oct 16- Nov 15) $300.00 = Non-Pro Amateur Class Entry Fee (Postmarked After Nov 15) $400.00 =

ENTRY FEES
Non-Pro Amateur Class Entry Fee (Postmarked Oct 15) $200=
Non-Pro Amateur Class Entry Fee (Postmarked Oct 16- Nov 15) $300=
Non-Pro Amateur Class Entry Fee (Postmarked After Nov 15) $400=

Death of Horse

  • If member’s horse should die, with a veterinarian’s written statement, LQHA will allow class entry fees to be used for the following calendar year only.

Future Opportunities:

  • 2021 the Versatility WCHA classes. 
  • 2021 Regional Mare Class